Thank you to everyone’s participation in this year’s event and making it a success! We look forward to announcing the theme for next year’s event!
Click here to see photos from the 2023 Mexico Magico Fashion Show!
CELEBRATING GIVING THROUGH OUR ANNUAL FASHION SHOW
In the winter of 2002, a group of women golfing friends decided it would be fun to put on a fashion show. Little did they know, it would become the premier social event in all of Nayarit, Mexico; an afternoon of fun, fashions and fund raising. Eagerly anticipated by all, the 400 tickets now sell out in just two weeks!
As the event grew in popularity, the group of organizers realized they needed to become official and they needed to identify charitable projects to support.
So Mujeres a Mujeres (Women to Women) was born and the education of young women became the focus of the fund raising. The organization operates under the umbrella of The Jaltemba Foundation to meet the fiscal and legal requirements in Mexico.
Our mission is: To raise funds to assist women and children in the Jaltemba Bay area.
Our mandate to allot 90% of Fashion Show profits to Education was adopted. Various other worthy Mujeres a Mujeres Programs and Projects were identified and supported on a yearly basis.
Mujeres a Mujeres and the Fashion Show itself are run completely by Volunteers. A Volunteer Executive Committee organizes the event each year. There are approximately 100 other Volunteers who participate as models, servers, bartenders, auction assistants, 50/50 tickets sales, clean-up and security. We couldn’t do it without them and are eternally grateful.
Whether you are here and able to attend our event or viewing this from afar you can be a part in helping us accomplish our mission each year. Simply go to the Donate page and make a difference in a young woman’s life!
As of May 2023:
- We have 5 young women graduating in the summer of 2023 in internal logistics, dentistry, nursing, tourism & international relations
- We have 2 young women graduating in December 2023 in architecture & engineering
- We have 18 young women enrolled at local universities
- 92 local women have received scholarships
- These young women graduated in various areas such as social work, teaching, medicine, dentistry, law, tourism, accounting, architecture
- Many are now working in our local area.